· By Mary Ware
6 Types of Acne: Which One Do I Have?
There are 6 Types of Acne that can permanently scar skin without the proper care. Acne is an extensive term that umbrellas much more than the occasional pimple or zit. Also, acne comes in varying severity and influences different individuals in numerous ways. In order to efficiently deal with your acne, it’s important to recognize and analyze the distinct acne types you are being affected by.
Acne Vulgaris offers different types of acne lesions: blackheads, whiteheads, papules, pustules, nodules, and cysts:
- Blackheads: These are generally uninfected, congested follicles that appear as a dark bump on the skin.
- Whiteheads: Whiteheads are clogged follicles covered by a thin layer of skin that appear as white bumps or spots.
- Papules: Papules are inflamed lesions that may appear red, which enables you to be susceptible and painful.
- Pustules: Pustules are infected lesions which are generally pus-filled. They could appear white or yellow, and popping pustules can cause acne scarring damage.
- Nodules: Nodules are a severe form of acne lesion that develop under the skin; they don’t generally contain pus however are difficult to the touch.
- Cysts: Cysts are a critical kind of acne lesion that are infected and full of pus. They are generally painful and require professional medical treatment.
Furthermore, acne is one of the most common skin disorders and acne lesions that occur mostly on the face, neck, back, chest, as well as shoulders. Although pimples are not a significant health danger, extreme acne can lead to disfiguring and permanent scarring. Lastly, if left untreated, temporary dark spots can take an extended amount of time to fade, especially in women of color.
Check out our Acne Regimen products here: Minimo Acne Regimen